Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Dangers of microwaving food.

I stole this.
The microwave has been an integral part of our kitchen for as long as I can remember. But I started reading more and more data talking about why it was harmful. It changes the chemical structure of our food, most often turning it into carcinogen filled byproducts of its former nutritious self. And each food category changes in different ways. This disturbed me and motivated me to stop using ours. This video presents some of that data but in a very brief way. I have also included links where you can read more yourself if this video is not enough for you.



Read Terri's post here:thirning.blogspot.com/2010/11/dangers-of-microwaving-food.html


Here is an article from Dr. Mercola.

1 comment:

  1. Jessica,

    That is why we gave up using the microwave 5-6 years ago. We use the microwave on 3 minutes to sanitize the dish sponge, and to heat water to place a baby jar into to warm. That is it, nothing for food. We like Dr. Mercola also. Read the articles on vacinations for children - very interesting.

    ReplyDelete